The book "The Gift of Dyslexia"
Why some of the smartest people can't read and how they can learn.
This book gives you a positive view on dyslexia, a profoundly understanding of dyslexics. Furthermore, you will gain an insight into this incredible program for correcting the dyslexia disadvantages.
In this exciting book R. Davis, a dyslexic individual and a teacher, offers a unique perspective on the subject of learning disabilities. He reveals how dyslexia may be linked to uncommonly high levels of intelligence, creativity, and imagination. He reveals the theories behind Davis Dyslexia Correction methods, and why dyslectics have problems with words.
Ron Davis has developed a technique to improve a child’s reading and writing skills. Students see, touch, discuss and conceptualize the information they are learning. He outlines this technique in a clear and simple, easy to follow program. That anyone can use to help themselves or others to conquer the disadvantages of dyslexia. The book also includes a section on how to test for dyslexia.
It's a great book, it gives you understand of dyslexia from an other point of view. I can only say it was a great help to me.
The book is dyslexic friendly; it’s written in a simple, direct style, with illustrations and photographs.
Table of contents
- Dr. Joan Smith
- Author's Note
- Part One What Dyslexia Really Is
- Chapter 1 The Underlying Talent
- Chapter 2 The Learning Disability
- Chapter 3 Effects of Disorientation
- Chapter 4 Dyslexia in Action
- Chapter 5 Compulsive Solutions
- Chapter 6 Problems with Reading
- Chapter 7 Spelling Problems
- Chapter 8 Math Problems
- Chapter 9 Handwriting Problems
- Chapter 10 The Newest Disability: ADD
- Chapter 11 Clumsiness
- Chapter 12 A Real Solution
- Part Two Little P.D. --A Developmental Theory of Dyslexia
- Chapter 13 How Dyslexia Happens
- Chapter 14 The Two-Year-Old and the Kitten
- Chapter 15 Ages Three to Five
- Chapter 16 The First Day of School
- Chapter 17 The Age of Disability
- Part Three The Gift
- Chapter 18 Understanding the Talent
- Chapter 19 Curiosity
- Chapter 20 Creativity
- Chapter 21 The Gift of Mastery
- Part Four Doing Something About It
- Chapter 22 How Can You Tell?
- Chapter 23 Symptoms of Disorientation
- Chapter 24 The Mind's Eye
- Chapter 25 Implementing the Davis Procedures
- Chapter 26 Perceptual Ability Assessment
- Chapter 27 Turning It Around
- Chapter 28 Release and Review
- Chapter 29 Fine Tuning
- Chapter 30 Coordination
- Chapter 31 Basic Symbol Mastery
- Chapter 32 Three Steps to Easier Reading
- Chapter 33 Symbol Mastery for Words
- Chapter 34 Continuing the Process
- Recommended References